What is it about?

Angels & Demons is a bestselling mystery novel by Dan Brown. Published in 2000, it introduces the character Robert Langdon, who is also the principal character of Brown's subsequent, better-known novel The Da Vinci Code. It also shares many stylistic element with the better known novel, such as conspiracies of secret societies, a single day time frame and the Roman Catholic Church. The story involves a conflict between an ancient group, the Illuminati, and the Roman Catholic Church.
Source: Wikipedia

Why am I reading it?
'Cause I really liked "The DA Vinci Code" which I read prior to this. That was totally kick a**.

How much have I read it?
Not much. Just reached Page no. 39. As you can see I have a snail's speed.

What do I like about it?
The same suspense filled story similiar to that of the DA Vinci. Robert langdon and his mysterious ways. Historical stuff that gets you thinking. The ancient brotherhood arc and the constant attack on the catholic church. I tell you Dan Brown is going to get into some serious trouble one of these days.

What I don't like about it?
The pacing is slower than of the DA Vinci. Doesn't get you right into it. The story unfolds in the same manner as DA Vinci. Robert Langdon asks too many quetions, is a Harward geek and needs to get a life.

When will I finish it?
Don't know but i think I am going to take my time on this one. Till now, I Wouldn't say it was a page-turner experience for me.

My thoughts on it till now?
Robert langdon needs to get laid fast. He is giving a bad name to Harward. If you were into DA Vinci, you will feel right at home, but the pacing might turn you off a bit.

"A stupid question is asked, a stupid answer is given"
Hey Andy, Why Is my pant on fire?
'Because you are an a****** and forgot to put the lighter out while you were placing it back in the pocket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment